Monday, April 21, 2008

Lifehacker

Lifehacker - Tech tricks, tips and downloads for getting things done.

I have a love-hate relationship with this blog. It has been off and on my Google Reader subscription list and I can't quite decide what to do with it. They post tons of good articles ranging from downloads, organizational tips, and hardware reviews to household cleaning tips. I end up bookmarking about 1 in 10 of their posts.
Here are some of my favorites:

Easy Ways to go Green With Your Computer
Stitch Photos into Panoramas
Diagnose Why You are Whining
How to Remove Permanent Marker from any Surface (This one impressed my wife)


The problem? Well Lifehacker floods my reader with 6-7 posts a day. It is quite overwhelming. I know I don't have to read them all but I am always scared I will miss something.

I also need to wade through a torrent of Mac and Linux tips that are useless to me as a Windows based PC user. Is there a way to add a filter to Google Reader?

What do any of you do with overwhelming blogs like Lifehacker?

No comments: